Categories

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kiddo portrait clothing tips

I thought some example outfits would be nice to post for helpful tips on dressing your kiddo's for a session! I am open to photographing as many outfits as you want as well. I dressed my little dude pretty casual for this shoot, but for the button down I stuck with a nice solid, bright color. A stripe is nice too. I also love to add props if you have something special your child likes to play with, like the fire truck in these pictures. Mostly it helps not to have super distracting designs on the clothing, but some tie in well, like the t- shirts in these photos. Little girls look pretty much adorable in anything, especially cutsie, bright colored dresses. Bows and hair pieces are a nice touch too! Clothing with special touches can really add to a photo as well. The goal is to make your child's face the main event, especially their eyes, so adorable! Shoes can play a big part in the photo, making sure their not too worn looking helps a lot. Bare feet are always fun too, little baby and kiddo toes are so cute! Hope these tips are somewhat helpful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:


My photo
Minnetonka, MN, United States
I love creativity, color, and natural beauty. My family is my passion, and memories are a wonderful fulfillment of life! Capturing those memories, not only for my family, but for others gives me joy! Photography is my passion, a way to show my true personality. I hope you enjoy getting to know me through my lense!