Categories

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I made a cake...

...and it turned out so much better than I thought it would!! I made this adorable owl cake for my Jake Jake's 1st birthday party and believe me when I tell you I haven't made a cake yet that was this easy! So you bake the 2 cake mixes in 2 different sized pyrex bowls and then put the same sized ones together to make two cirles, body and head. Then frost, and because you want it to look like feathers you don't have to worry about getting the frosting super perfect, YES! I used halved Oreo's for the ears and eyes, along with Junior Mints for the eye balls. Bananna Runts make the beak and toes and mini chocolate chips for the belly. Ta Da!! Cute huh?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously if I could make this you can too(just sayin')... Thanks for reading! {Nel}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I want to make one! <3


My photo
Minnetonka, MN, United States
I love creativity, color, and natural beauty. My family is my passion, and memories are a wonderful fulfillment of life! Capturing those memories, not only for my family, but for others gives me joy! Photography is my passion, a way to show my true personality. I hope you enjoy getting to know me through my lense!